d

d

Welcome to Rustic Rose


The next morning it is still bitterly cold, but I eventually make it over to see Kate's new shop. The windows are steamy from the icy air but I can see flashes of colour through the gloom, and Kate's blonde head busily bent over an order. Encouragingly I can also see what looks remarkably like Bucks Fizz on the counter - so it seems I am not too late to celebrate.
I knew this would be a wonderfully cheerful shop. Everywhere you look you are welcomed by great splashes of colour.
What a difference a day makes! Not a broom or a duster in sight.
I am touched to see my books on prominent display and Kate tells me she will shortly be framing the £10 'Hansel' that my partner Billy gave her to hang on the wall.
In Ireland it is traditional to give a new business the gift of money, known as a Hansel. This money can never be spent and it means that your business will have luck because as long as you have your Hansel you will never be short of money.
This of course is delightfully Irish. It reminds me of the Whiskey that Billy once won in a rugby club raffle in Limerick. Later in the evening as he headed for the door with the bottle in his hand, someone reached out and twitched it out of his grasp. He was told 'The winner always gives the Whiskey back."
But I am getting side tracked. Back to the Shop. And back to those aprons. Kate was right, so much better than plain ones.
Oh, I seem to have finished my drink already.

It really is a lovely shop and Kate should be very proud. As should Holly and Jennifer who I know have been by her side for the past days preparing for the opening.

Everywhere you look there are great touches; like teacups planted with pansies, an old trunk filled with baskets and teapots filled with bulbs.
So if you are anywhere near Sturminster Newton I strongly recommend that you call in and say hello. Although you will probably find that when you arrive I have drunk all the Bucks Fizz.

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely shop, the concept of planting up the vintage items is a winner, anything to show individuality!
    T X

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely shop, I have enjoyed reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate - Your Shop Is Beautiful!!! :)Love Your Cousin (Mads) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo beautiful flower...
    i am visit at your blog first time and really enjoyed to see beautiful pictures

    send gifts to pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your article is very interesting, I wait for your next article.

    greetings



    Asuransi Pendidikan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good day! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you will have right here on this post. I shall be coming back to your weblog for more soon. carbon steel pipe fittings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each visit promises a journey through handcrafted beauty and nature-inspired artistry. Digital Marketing Best A place to savor life's simple, exquisite moments, blooming with grace and authenticity.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails