d

d

Tulips from Kilalloe

Tulips are my favourite flower.
Or that is what I think when the season changes, the tulips march into view and I am bowled over by their plump brightness. Later on the peonies arrive and I feel myself swayed, this time by those delicate petals that look like layer upon layer of tissue.
But for now it is the time of the tulip.
Tulips from Amsterdam?
No, this weekend I am in Ireland and I am mesmerised by the tulips from Killaloe.
To be honest, I am just mesmerised by Killaloe - and I would recommend anyone visiting Limerick to drive up there - whether the tulips are marching through or not.
Billy and I are in Ireland for the weekend and we head up to Killaloe to see a cottage that his parents used to own. There are the green rolling hills of Ireland, the lake that runs past Killaloe, the pastel painted cottage AND the creamy Guinness. And people wonder why I married an Irishman?
To all of this add the sunshine and multicoloured tulips.
You would say that I have the luck of the Irish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails