d

d

Birthday Blooms

It's my party and I'll flower arrange if I want to!
I call in to decorate the room we are having supper in at Hotel Grosvenor in the centre of Shaftesbury.
I was once told, a birthday without flowers is like a ship without a sail. And who am I to argue?
We are being joined by ten friends for a birthday supper. The Hotel Grosvenor is well known for its gorgeous food, but I also happen to know that many of the rooms have been decorated using Cecil Beaton inspired fabrics. These include the Beaton Bouquet design based on his hand drawn flowers.
Cecil Beaton used to live near to Shaftesbury in Ashcombe House - perhaps now better known as the country house of Guy Ritchie, and at one time, Madonna.
I never met Madonna but Guy once sat in the back of our very old Land Cruiser, in the pub carpark with my husband Billy Kelly listening to and arguing over Irish Music..... a very long story ...
There is also a wonderful tale of Guy taking Brad Pitt into one of our local pubs and asking the landlord if anyone famous ever came in. To which the publican replied firmly. "No. Never."
But back to the Grosvenor. I do like a hotel that takes its flowers seriously.
I am sure I am not the only one who feels better seeing these large displays of sunflowers and lilies.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flowers, Sally. Hope you had a nice birthday. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails